Read the blog post here:
Learn how to make Candyland gameboard cake in this video tutorial.
Candyland Cake Ingredients:
• 2-12″x18′ buttercream covered cakes
• vanilla buttercream (tips #5, #12, open star tip)
• green buttercream (grass tip, #233)
• Starburst candies (unwrapped)
• Peanut shaped marshmallows
• Peanut Butter chips
• Clear rock candy
• Red glitter sprinkles
• Snowflake sprinkles
• Round peppermints
• Mini candy canes
• Gum drops
• Rainbow Twizzlers
• Peanut butter cups (mini and large)
• Chocolate chips (mini and large)
• Mini ice cream cones
• Rainbow sprinkles
1. Prepare 2-12″x18″ cakes and cover in prepared buttercream. Place additional buttercream into piping bags fitted with tips #5, #12 and an open star. Using the #5 bag, pipe the path of the game board, starting from the bottom left hand corner, and zigzag five times up/across the “board”, ending in the middle of the top of the cake. Place Starburst candies along the path, side to side.
2. Place prepared green buttercream in a piping bag fitted with Wilton tip #233 (grass tip) and cover most of the top of the cake, leaving the upper right hand and lower right hand corners without the grass.
3. Using the piping bag fitted with tip #12, outline the pathway with the vanilla buttercream.
4. Rainbow Trail: cut rainbow twizzlers into 3″ lengths and place between the lower path and the next one.
5. Peanut Acres: In the middle left hand, place marshmallow peanuts and peanut butter chips in the grass.
6. Peppermint Forest: Cover grass-less area in bottom right hand corner with peppermints and candy canes. Cover the space between the candies with clear rock candy and sprinkle with red edible glitter.
7. Gum Drop Mountains: place gum drops above Peppermint Forest, both outside and inside the pathway.
8. Lollipop Woods: unwrap lollipops and place at varying heights on the inside of the path, in the upper/mid right area.
9. Ice Cream Sea: cover the upper right hand corner in clear rock candy and snow flake sprinkles.
10. Chocolate Swamp: cover the upper left hand area with with chocolate peanut butter cups of different sizes, Hershey’s Kisses, chocolate chips.
11. Candy Castle: Place a peanut butter cup inside 3 mini ice cream cones, and using piping bag with an open star tip to pipe a swirl on top of the cone. Add rainbow chips to the icing on top of the cones. Place cones in the centre of the top of the cake, where the path ends. Add mini gummy towers at the front of the “castle”. Cover the entire castle area in rainbow sprinkles.
12. The “game board” should be completed at this point. If you desire, add a border of Smarties along the side of the cake on the top edge. You can store it in the fridge until ready to serve, or serve it immediately.
Visit my blog at:
780 Views0 Comments0 Likes
Elsa Disney Frozen Princess Cake Recipe: Subscribe: How To Cook That Channel: Hi I am Ann, How to Cook Join me for creative cakes, chocolate & desserts. New video every Friday. SUBSCRIBE ( ) for step by step...
639 Views0 Comments0 Likes
Click here to share on Facebook: Click here to tweet: Subscribe: Recipe: How To Cook That Channel: Hi I am Ann, How to Cook Join me for creative cakes, chocolate & desserts. New video every Friday. SUBSCRIBE...
690 Views0 Comments0 Likes
Subscribe: Recipe: How To Cook That Channel: Hi I am Ann, How to Cook Join me for creative cakes, chocolate & desserts. New video every Friday. SUBSCRIBE ( ) for step by step tutorials for yummy desserts, swe...