Result shows that this is possible. If you add a pot skirt and matched the diameter of the top burner with the size of the cake pan then it would be perfect; it would be essentially a cake pan shaped oven. Heat would come from top and below, and the pot skirt will provide heat from the sides.
This video shows:
– Peanut Woodgas Magic Stove (search on YouTube)
– no outer wall on wood gas stove
– no wind screen
– air temperature 5C. slight wind
Skip to the end of the video to see the final result.
– 1/2 box of cake mix
– 1 egg
– 2/3 cup water
– 1/6 cup oil
Beat with fork for 2 minutes until fairly smooth and no lumps of flour.
Equipment and supplies
– baking pan
– parchment paper
– Peanut woodgas magic stove
– grill to elevate the stove to allow air to enter from the bottom.
– grill to elevate the aluminum plate above the stove
– aluminum plate to distribute the heat
– large can on top with small holes on the bottom surface and the bottom edge for browning the top of cake
– grill to place on top of the baking pan (A better way to help retain the heat is to use an aluminum pie plate with a circle cut out for the heat to go down)
– wood pellets
– fibre glass rope dipped in ethyl alcohol for fire starting
– too much heat loss without outer wall
– air gap between side of pan and the parchment paper left 20mm of cake still runny
– top was browned nicely
– bottom was fully cooked, but not browned
– cake was delicious
– use wind screen for stove
– use pot skirt for pie plate. Once you add a pot skirt and a top cover, basically you have created an oven formed to the cake pan
– the top burner should sit on a sheet metal with a very large hole in the middle. The grill in this video gives too much heat loss. When I was camping I used an aluminum foil pie plate and that worked fine.
– cut circular parchment paper to place only on the bottom
– one layer of pellets on top burner then add a second layer around the rim to make top heating more even
860 Views0 Comments0 Likes
Elsa Disney Frozen Princess Cake Recipe: Subscribe: How To Cook That Channel: Hi I am Ann, How to Cook Join me for creative cakes, chocolate & desserts. New video every Friday. SUBSCRIBE ( ) for step by step...
695 Views0 Comments0 Likes
Click here to share on Facebook: Click here to tweet: Subscribe: Recipe: How To Cook That Channel: Hi I am Ann, How to Cook Join me for creative cakes, chocolate & desserts. New video every Friday. SUBSCRIBE...
773 Views0 Comments0 Likes
Subscribe: Recipe: How To Cook That Channel: Hi I am Ann, How to Cook Join me for creative cakes, chocolate & desserts. New video every Friday. SUBSCRIBE ( ) for step by step tutorials for yummy desserts, swe...