Today is Fast Food Friday on Sim’s Kitchenette, so we’re making delicious baked vegan doughnuts that are much healthier than the store bought version. Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 6 small doughnuts):
1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1/3 – 1/2 cup of raw sugar
1/4 tsp of nutmeg (half the amount if it’s fresh)
1/2 tsp of salt
1 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk
2 tbsp of canola oil
1 tsp of vanilla essence
For the ganache
1 cup icing/Powder sugar
1 bar of dark chocolate
1 cup of non-dairy milk
1. Pre-heat your oven at 180 C.
2. Mix your dry ingredients together.
3. Add your milk, oil and vanilla essence in and mix well.
4. Pipe the mixture into your baking tray, and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until your donuts are golden brown.
5. Mix the chocolate, the milk and the powder sugar together over medium heat until the chocolate is melted, and mix well.
6. Once your donuts are cooked, let them cool, and dip them in your chocolate ganache, and chill for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Where to find me:
217 Views0 Comments0 Likes
Switch your morning bagel for this easy and inexpensive upgrade. My friend from the test kitchen Shira Bocar joins me today to make one of her favorite breakfasts: omega-3-rich sardines on rye toast. These little fi...
237 Views0 Comments0 Likes
For a quick and easy version of the classic pasta dinner, this Baked Spaghetti and Mozzarella dish is made with fresh mozzarella, canned tomatoes, and aromatic basil, perfect for a weeknight meal in under 30 minutes....
213 Views0 Comments0 Likes
After your first bite you'll swear it's the real thing. This delicous recipe is proof that gluten isn't needed when making a great mac and cheese! Recipe: Subscribe for more easy and delicious recipes: More Pasta...
176 Views0 Comments0 Likes
Forget about batches and flipping -- our baked French toast is where it's at; a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, and it's made completely ahead! Whisk, soak, bake, serve, enjoy! Want more? Download our December issue for fo...