The Knives I Use In My Kitchen
The Gear I Use To Sharpen My Knives:
Surgical Black Arkansas:
1 1/2 cups dried cannellini beans soaked over night.
1 21/2 to 3 Lbs of beef marrow bones
Flour for browning optional.
olive oil for browning.
2 ribs celery fine dice.
1 medium onion fine dice.
1 medium carrot fine dice.
4-6 cloves garlic minced.
Dried chili flakes. (optional)
2 bay leaves.
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp sprigs of thyme
1 cup red wine.
1 Lbs beef for stew.
2 cups veal or beef stock. (unsalted)
10-12 ounces of passata or your choice of tomato product.
1. Cook beans in unsalted water for about 15-20 mins then drain & set aside. (they will still be raw)
NOTE: Flour your stew beef and brown up in a Dutch oven and then set aside with all juices.
2. In an heavy oven proof pan roast the marrow bones 20 min ass salt and pepper then take out of oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled enough scoop out marrow into a bowl and set aside.
3. To the same Dutch oven add carrots, celery & onion & cook a couple of minutes until onions are translucent. Then add your garlic & chili & cook a few seconds until the garlic is fragrant.
5. De glaze the pan with the red wine. Let the alcohol cook off a little.
6. Add the stock, passata bay leaves oregano, basil, thyme & drained beans.
7 Stir everything well then add in the roasted marrow and then nestle some bones in the bean mixture.
8 Cover & cook in a 350-375 degrees oven for around 2 hours or until beans are tender.
Serve and enjoy!
2.93K Views0 Comments0 Likes
ALL THE INGREDIENTS AND MEASUREMENTS ARE LISTED HERE WHERE IT SAYS "SHOW MORE" Homemade Italian Lasagna Bolognese is the perfect Italian comfort food for Sunday dinner. It feeds a crowd, can be made in advance and ...
1.93K Views0 Comments0 Likes
Mama Maria is back in the kitchen teaching me how to make pizza by making the dough from scratch! GET MORE FROM Lisa Pirro 315 Roving Reporter: SUBSCRIBE for new videos: http//Lisa Pirro 315 Roving Reporter Follow/...
1.90K Views0 Comments0 Likes
Lidia Bastianich is all about simple, seasonal and economical recipes that anyone can learn. Bastianich's new book, Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking: 150 Delicious and Simple Recipes Anyone Can Master teaches us t...
1.54K Views0 Comments0 Likes
Pesce Spada all'Isolana (Swordfish Steaks in Tomatoes and Seafood Sauce) Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15-20 Cook Time: 40 Ingredients 9 Oz of Mussles 9 Oz of Clams 5 Oz of Shrimps (medium size), peeled. 4 Swordfish Steaks 5 ...